51%
 51% [ 80 ]
Other
5%
 5% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 158
Latest topics

Share | 

Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
negusjahson

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Hail up one and all!   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Jah Negus here! Just greeting everyone with raspect! Blessed Love Rastafari!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://consciousdownloads.com/
TonyFro

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-27

PostSubject: At Last   Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:27 am

I'm a Manc on Tour and was searching for Broadway tapes when this site popped up and YES this is what I was looking for. I knew nuff people must have tapes stashed away somewhere and I have been hoping for tiiime to find them on the net.

My last Broadway tape got t'eifed about 18 years ago and I will bruk the brother up if I see him again grrr

So yeah I am here to feel those Broadway vibes again and ROY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NVious

Male
Registration date : 2015-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello everyone, this is NVious from the West Michigan area....just registered to find some sounds to listen to, and this seemed to be a perfect place for that.

Props to everyone involved with keeping this place alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hedzepplin

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-01-19

PostSubject: Hi, looks like a good room to kick back in ;))   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:33 am

Came across this via a band called Space Afrika, their site, then jumping to youtube & bouncing around a bit on Broadway... love the soundsystem thing Wink) I'm ready to dance! Thx ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SAMZY52

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-02-18

PostSubject: Hi All, Samzy from Brum ! finally a really informative site about sounds. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to rediscover distant memories   Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:19 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stoor_eagger

Male
Registration date : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: hello everyone   Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 am

just came along and thought: perfect site to find perfect music! thx for sharing all your sounds !

greez to all of you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coltrane_Lover

Male
Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 pm

greetings from Hamburg!
serious music lover, collector and dj of loads of different styles ( jazz/ soul / reggae / hip hop up to deeper house stuff ) .
found this site looking for Jah Shaka's 1994 Kiss FM Session
this site looks fabulous!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soundpowah

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for this amazing tape, historical sets of reggae music!

Respect Everybody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ianb

Male
Registration date : 2015-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Greetings. Clash fan since late 80s and have nearly 1k tapes in my collection. Thanks for great site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duchessSTOM

Female
Registration date : 2015-07-06

PostSubject: Newbie!   Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:04 am

Hi,

DuchessSTOM473 checking in. I came across this forum searching for sound effects.

Thanks for having me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wkenzow

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Greetings from Italy! big up for this great site!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melaman

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: thanx   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Stephen,
greetings from I-taly. I' m a reggae music lover, collector and former sound owner. I used to operate on a local sound in the '90 and early 2ks.
the work your doing is priceless also from an historic prospeticve...the archive all of you are building up is a real cultural treasure.
I hope to contribute with some tapes i have.
bless up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaptin

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Mister Soundtapes wrote:
Let's use this thread to say who we are. HIT POST REPLY & NOT NEW TOPIC!

Hi all- thanks for joining this site. I'm Stephen, 34, from South London and work as a teacher. I like alot of soul and reggae music and my favourite tapes are the 83-88 ones, especially the English ones. I got into tapes after I started checking them out by buying some Gaffa Blue tapes from Dub Vendor, and some off Dave Brown when I was in Canada, being lent some by a friend and then trading them all with Andrew Lee (UKs number one tape man!).

I've got another site www.mrsoundtapes.com which is basically a list of tapes. I hope to upload all the good quality ones from there to here and then shut that site. I'm going to start this site by going through my old board- mrsoundtapes' trading places, and moving all the live links to here, then I'll go through DHR's board and move all my own posts to here, then I'll start uploading things I've downloaded the last year or so (about 800!), and some Saxons I recently got on MP3 (about 200). So I'll get it going and keep adding to it, but it'll really need lots of other people to contribute for it to be any good.

I started this site because after a year and a half of enjoying DHR forum I became frustrated with how fast things dropped at that site, the link stealing that went on, people downloading from there and then selling the tapes or even just links to the tapes, people ripping in poor bitrates- like 128kbs, people uploading with sendspace and other rubbish companies so the links only last a week. I'm hoping this site sorts out alot of those problems and that it becomes the number one place to share good quality tapes.

Got A Problem?

Some people have been registering to join the site but not recieved a confirmation e mail. If that is the case it means something has gone wrong and you'll just need to try it again. It is not me that sends the e mails- it is an automatic thing. However, my e mail adress is: mistersoundtapes@googlemail.com if you want to ask me about the site.

If you are a member and have a query feel free to PM MrEnergizer or myself anytime.

Have to thank two people for putting in a lot of time to get the place going:

Beatstreet is a technical wizard who fixed the hide tags and many other settings that are way over my head- he's not even into reggae but is a soulboy extraordinaire!

Jayman the number one sound system blogman shared lots of his links here and volunteered to help moderate.

Thanks alot for all your help guys.

Hello glad to see this site still going. My name is Kaptin I used to DJ on Volcano Express and Java NuClear based in North West London.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djtools

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-05-15

PostSubject: WAH GWAN   Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:38 pm

BIG UP SOUNDTAPES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Papa Clarks871

Male
Registration date : 2016-11-06

PostSubject: Greetings   Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Greetings. Mi name Papa Clarks...originally from South London but now live ah farrin....

Mi used to post regular pon Dancehall Forum fi di past year...mi wonder if any man bout ya know what happen to DHR?

Favourite sounds are King Jaro, Stone Love and Saxon. Favourite djs Ninjaman, Phillip Levi and General Levy. Singers Garnett Silk, D. Brown, Mighty Diamonds, Tenor Saw, Sanchez, Nitty Gritty.

Jah bless I wid a beautiful wife, three beautiful pickney and wi are also foster parents.

Master God and dancehall music is a foundation fi all dat is good in my life and mi love it to di fullness!

Jah bless and manners
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superbeagle1979

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-12-13

PostSubject: Great Site   Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm very pleased to join this site. Been listening to reggae/dancehall as long as I can remember. I'm in Pittsburgh, Pa and it is fairly terrible in the reggae arena. So, other than my personal record collection at home I really have no outlet to listen to music(that I love anyway). Great looking list of music and I look forward to it making my commute to work more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ARTTUUK

Male
Registration date : 2017-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:50 am

My name is Jack and I live in Birmingham UK. Really appreciate this site, as am looking to sample some tapes for my music productions. hopefully share some tapes myself!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theutn

Male
Registration date : 2017-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:39 pm

i can't find any downloadlink Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackaman

Male
Registration date : 2017-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:39 am

Greetins Stephen (and everybody else) and as mentioned by others great idea and seems like a fantastic site.

J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DJLadyRasta

Female
Registration date : 2017-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Respect to everyone...Name DJ Lady Rasta from Earthquake Sound. Really excited to be apart of the movement and to hear the talent of so many sounds from around the globe...

Bless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rory vibes

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Bless up all sound systems audio fan this site brillant i hope everyone enjoys it give thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bknate77

Male
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:48 am

Greetings I'm new to the group. And I will be contributing music as well as downloading some as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bomspida

Male
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 am

Blessid to all da crew.
Glad to be a part of da team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djtools

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm marlon, 46, from jamrock and work as a truck driver. I like old school dance they help get through the nights on the work with all respect to soundtapes more vibes everytime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Original Roots Reminder

Male
Registration date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Original Roots Reminder   Wed May 17, 2017 4:21 am

Greetings One & All In the Name Of The Most High !!!!

Nuff Ispect All People in the Place, Glad To Be Here ...

Original Roots Reminder From France !!!

Blessins'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!   

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself In This Thread Before You Post Elsewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next